Women on Board March 2016
The March 2016 Edition of the Women on Board newsletter is now available!
Dear Women’s Board Associates and Conference Attendees,
2016 is off to a great start. We started the year off with another awesome WB Leadership Conference last month in sunny Orlando. I’m so proud to tell you that we broke our attendance record again with over 100 in attendance.
We received great reviews about all our speakers and the many excellent networking opportunities. There are slide presentations from some of our speakers on our website events page and there is also a link from Rhonda Waters so you can take her ‘Energy Assessment Quiz.’
You can relive the event through photos on our Facebook photo album.
If you missed the winter conference earlier this month in Orlando, I’m excited to announce that the Women’s Board will be giving out a record of $50,000 in scholarships this year! Last year we gave out $28,000. We’ve nearly doubled our scholarship fund in only one year, how cool is that? It is not too late to spread the word to female students about our scholarships; the deadline to apply is March 31, 2016. Please send this GAAS Scholarship flier to your local high schools, Votech schools, community colleges etc. If each of you took the time to share this link with just one school, think of how many more female students would have the opportunity to receive scholarship money and a chance to have a fabulous career in our industry.
I want to also give a BIG Thank-you to our sponsors who make our conferences and scholarships possible. Starting with our 2016 summer conference we are offering a new high value sponsor benefit. From now on, all level sponsors will now be able to send as many employees at they want to our leadership conferences at the associate rate, regardless of whether or not they are a member. But to be clear, they would not be able to participate in the Mentor Program until they became a member.
If your company is not a sponsor of the Women’s Board YET, I encourage you to point out the powers that be, that supporting the Women’s Board is positive for your company:
- It aligns your company brand with the Women’s Board showing your support for your female employees and that you care about your female customers.
- Your support provide scholarships for young women and a student coaching program which helps to recruit, retain and support women in the auto care industry
- Your company will receive high value marketing and other valuable opportunities.
- The Women’s Board provides two high value leadership Conferences for your female employees to network with leaders in the industry, sharing various perspectives, and ideas to improve your company
- These conferences includes professional and personal development training and up-to-date information on industry trends
- Your support helps provide a career mentoring program and awards honoring automotive female leadership
- Supporting the Women’s Board is positive for your employees and Associates.
- And best of all, the top level sponsorship includes the membership dues and conference registrations for your top employees.
The Executive Board is busy planning our summer leadership conference. We will post a list of speakers to our website and Facebook page ASAP. Make sure you save the date for July 27-28, 2016 (registration information coming soon!) so you don’t miss out on THE BEST Conference for Women in the Auto Care Industry in the country!
To stay connected with the Women’s Board, join in the conversation and follow us on our social media channels:
All My Best,
Amy Mattinat, Auto Craftsmen Ltd.
Your Women’s Board President